Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Don't Killa My Vibe-a : Lebo Otukile

VANISH / VANITY


Fragile as they may come, things don't always look as they seem. Lebo portrays that mystical creature that withholds power but wouldn't show it. Green with envy you'd loathe the vanity but all that he shows is no interest.


(1) Who is Lebo?
Lebo is a young, driven, creative, futuristic guy who lives his life via his God given gift of entertainment in arts. I present a cool, detached and unemotional air to the world, YET lying underneath is tremendous power, extreme strength, intense passion and a strong will and a persistent drive.

(2) When did you realize that you had fashion sense?
Ever since I was a kid, I always loved Tupac and Snoop Dogg's fashion sense, loved the whole gangsta look... When I joined Vintage in 2012, I realized that every member in the family had their own style and character. And I had to find myself in the fashion world... It took a while yet the answer was starring at me the whole time, I just couldn't see it in the mirror, but my reflection sure did see it when it looked at me. Lebo loves gangsta and retro fashion, inspired by Tupac and Snoop, that's who I am in the fashion world. That's when I got to grow into the gangsta character and started finding other characters in the mirror.

(3) What makes an outfit?
- Rule Number ONE: NEVER DO WHAT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE.
- Rule Number TWO: GO CRAZY! HAVE FUN WHEN CREATING YOUR OUTFITS.



(4) Who are your influences (icon)?
TUPAC MAKAVELI and Mother Monster Lady Gaga.

(5) When did you realize that you are a dancer?
I grew up dancing, performed at most of my primary school's events. But started taking dancing seriously when I got to high school. And in Grade 10 that's when I knew that my career after school is in entertainment.

(6) How has working for Vintage cru inspire you?
I can say working for V.I.N.T.A.G.E has made me the person that I've always dreamt of being. Today I can look into the mirror and not judge myself, or say that I'm doing something wrong. I can proudly say V.I.N.T.A.G.E has made me find me. And I can proudly say "I'm doing me", you may call it DIY.

(7) Where do you see yourself in the next 3years?
In the next 3 years I see myself working hard with V.I.N.T.A.G.E to make it an international brand in entertainment,fashion and arts. Or even bigger things, We might think we have great plans for V.I.N.T.A.G.E, just to find that God has GREATER plans for us.

(8) What's your favorite thing about your style and vintage?
My favorite thing about my style is that I feel free and I know I'm on the right track cause I'm doing me. Favorite thing about V.I.N.T.A.G.E is that we're doing things that people don't do, we do things that people are afraid to do, we're not afraid to try new things, we inspire, we dream and MOST IMPORTANTLY we live our dreams.

(9) Are you a trend setter and/or what are your favorite trends (accustomed to)?
Trend setting. Hahaha "If somethings been done before, DO NOT DO IT" - V.I.N.T.A.G.E.

(10) Favorite items in your closet
I love my meggings and over-sized t-shirts.


(11) Any advice for people who want to be in your line of work and a few tips on fashion
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough. Stick to the V.I.N.T.A.G.E rules of fashion.


For More Info About Lebo :
Twitter : @Fakamatah
Facebook : Lebohang Otukile
Tumblr : vintage-za.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment