Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If I Had This Moment.

Kyle Clark


As the Co-founder of V.I.N.T.A.G.E he defines himself as a  full time choreographer, performer, model, T.V Presenter and Vocal Artist. To put the cherry on the cupcake he earns a living by working as Accounts Manager. “Someone has to pay the bills” he says. What a resume in my eyes. 

What is your style?!
  •  My style is a mixture between Retro 80’s and a Modern Quality Touch of Commercial. I like to keep it Classic and Plain.

Who is your style icon?!
  •  (Laughs)  Of course, my fashion icon? I have plenty plenty! First of all, one of my biggest fashion icon at the moment is actually Manthe (Sick ‘n’ Tick) who is part of Vintage. She is amazing. Janet Jackson, Justin Timberlake and the list goes on and on, but most importantly Lady GaGa!! Talk about killing stereotypes… That Lady makes my life.

When did you develop the style? And what is your favorite thing in your clothing collection?
  •  I developed the style when Vintage was formed before that I was a “Free Spirited Hippie”. I didn’t really care too much about Fashion, until then. My favorite piece in the collection, has to be my mom’s very old 1970’s Long Meriwether Trench Coat, absolutely fabulous. Plus all the cardigans, ripped T’s (as that is in right now) and anything animal print now, when the ladies and I feel like being a bit more dramatic than usual.

What is Vintage to you and how do you define V.I.N.T.A.G.E?
  • Vintage is a definition of Fashion meets Dance, taking 2D Images and making them 3D. They are everything to me, my rock and my next step to where I need to be in my career and life.


What’s your position at Vintage and what have you done for the Waack dancers so far?
  • Yes , I am indeed. I am one of the founders of V.I.N.T.A.G.E. Basically we have created a platform for dancers that are expressing how they feel, we started Vintage to kill stereotypes, to be different, to show people what Dance is really about. We focus on the core of dance and our main inspiration is the need to inspire others. We were formed to bring back Love Of Dance Back to South Africa.

How many people are involved in V.I.N.T.A.G.E?

·         Started with only four members
·         Members being : Mother K (Myself), Kim Ninjaa (Lee-Che), Sick ‘n’ Tick (Manthe) and Roman (Ash) And our new fresh Krump Queen who recently joined us, “Miss TNT”.
We are growing to new heights and we will be hosting auditions extremely soon to fill the 3 Letters to the word V.I.N.T.A.G.E, so inevitably we will be 7.

What competition have “V.I.N.T.A.G.E” joined and won in the long process?

·         We haven’t really entered competitions as Vintage only started 7 months ago, but we have accomplished so much. We are humbled, we did however enter Masters Of Rhythm 2011 on Vuzu. Where we placed 4th, we weren’t really pleased by the placing. We were more worried about getting the message out there. Getting our movement going, we were so happy to experience the joy we did, when receiving feedback from our fans who we inspired to bring out “The Real You” and that was our “Movement”.




For More Info on V.I.N.T.A.G.E and Kyle Clark;

Facebook : Kyle Clark                             
Twitter : @MRKyle_Clark 

Facebook : V.I.N.T.A.G.E (Page And Group)
Twitter : @Vintage_cru



No comments:

Post a Comment